How the Covenant of Baha'u'llah functions in the daily life of Baha'is.
. . . the Bab says that every religion of the past was fit to become universal. The only reason why they failed to attain that mark was the incompetence of their followers. He then proceeds to give a definite promise that this would not be the fate of the [Baha i] revelation . . . that it will become universal and include all the people of the world. Shoghi Effendi
Is mankind finally able to overcome its incompetence and shortcomings that have so weighed it down in the past? Aren t we the same bunch that have messed things up before? Or is there something new to combat the viruses that have plagued the human race: anger, jealousy, greed, materialism, the love of leadership, and so on?
The new element is the Covenant of Baha u llah. When people like you and me choose to walk in the light of the Covenant:
* A shift in human affairs is started.
* The shortcomings and foibles that have corrupted political systems and religions for eons gradually lose their power.
* The foundation is laid for peace and security on this war-torn planet.
* The world draws closer to fulfilling the Bab s promise.
* Mankind comes into harmony with the latest Word from God.
How does the Covenant fulfil the Bab s prophecy? The answer lies in the dynamic relationship between the Covenant and you.